[OM] Re: Decision to switch systems.

Subject: [OM] Re: Decision to switch systems.
From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 11:39:00 +0000
Was just waaay over tired - one can only burn the candle at all ends for so
long lol
Sorry,
Allan

PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really cool
about it).

Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
confused mass of energy, have created.
-Disturb the mind -

>From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [OM] Re: Decision to switch systems.
>Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 06:32:27 -0500
>
>What have you been drinking?
>
>Chuck Norcutt
>
>Allan Mee wrote:
>
>I feel that if Olmpus is to survive as a manufacturer of note,
> > it will have to start and bring out some high-end DSLRs soon - and I do
> > believe Olympus that not only can they do that - but they make the world
> > take notice as they did with the OM1 many years ago! It's if they have
>the
> > commitment. One still feels that even at this late stage, if they
>brought
> > out a digital back for the single digit OM series - they could make a
> > massive impact. Personally, I feel a better way to go woiuld be to bring
>out
> > a high-end DLSR that could mimic the OM mount - even if the new mount
>could
> > do things like autofocus (the new mount would have to distinguish
>between
> > the old film SLR lenses and the new D-OM mount). I can't really see any
> > insurmountable technical problems there. Just imagine being able to use,
> > say,  the Olympus 28mm 1:2 Zuiko auto w lens (if you own one) on your
>new
> > high-end Olymous digital SLR. Magic!
> > Allan

>List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
>List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

The new Windows Live Toolbar helps you guard against viruses
http://toolbar.live.com/?mkt=en-gb