[OM] Re: Decision to switch systems.

Subject: [OM] Re: Decision to switch systems.
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 06:58:51 -0800 (PST)
It also was available on IIRC the EOS-620 which was really early
in the EOS game. Unfortunately Canon was so brisk with camera
introductions in those days (hmm, sound familiar?) that it was
discontinued before the pipline could even get filled.  A
pro-photographer friend got one and a few months later had it
stolen.  He never could get another.

I was in camera sales at the time and I've got to admit that the
eye-control focus was one of the slickest features around. The
early multi-point AF systems didn't have the intelligence to
reliably figure out which point to use (talk about back-focus
issues) so the eye-control really came in handy.

AG