[OM] Re: DNG issues with E-1 files

Subject: [OM] Re: DNG issues with E-1 files
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 20:44:16 -0800
AG Schnozz wrote:
> Ok, I posted the images in my gallery showing the difference in
> the DNG files from the E-1.
>
> www.image66media.com
>
> go to the gallery

Just got around to looking at this.
> These are 100% crops and notated.
How can that be? They are all different sizes, and I don't mean the crop
dimensions, I mean the images within them. If all 100% crops of the same
ORF, I should be able to overlay them and compare that way, but they are
way too different in size for that, the leaves jump up and down in size.
Given that discrepancy, I wasn't interested in looking any further,
since I assume there has been some differential resizing, which would
affect the things being discussed.
>   The ACR converted files were
> identical from the ORF and DNG. I was wrong in my previous
> analysis because of variations in the auto settings during
> conversion--hmmm.
I often think that is the reason many people "see" such big differences
between RAW converters. They all seem to have their own default settings
and take different attitudes to the camera settings.

Certainly there are differences when settnigs are matched, but they are
pretty subtle.

Moose