[OM] Update on 90mm viv s1 hood

Subject: [OM] Update on 90mm viv s1 hood
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 17:04:46 -0500
  Tried the projection technique (ala Moose's post) to evaluate my Hama knock-
off hood for this lens within the limits of cocamamie optics bench using a 15 W
reading light as the light source and Al foil to seal the light around the
camera.
 At full extension (3 way hood) it is 5.0 cm from the lens FE and 9.3 cm in
diameter. No discernible vignetting at f2.5 out to 4 ft focal length. I don't
think there was any at infinity, though image was too light to be sure.
 Max problem would be at f2.5 at infin---may take one shot to be sure. I think
a couple list members were interested. I prefer sturdy hoods like Chuck, though
Paul knew this one was probably OK and is adjustable and could be shaved if
necessary.
 Mike

AOL Mail and more.