[OM] Re: ( OM) Photographs of lens damage

Subject: [OM] Re: ( OM) Photographs of lens damage
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 19:51:50 +1300
Hello all,

Thanks for all the advice and commiseration.

Actually, I'm quite relaxed abut the whole thing.

If I decide that it really is no good - that I cannot tolerate the effects on
the image, I'll
probably get my money back by selling it.  Those things are as scarce as hens'
teeth
here, and even though there is little demand here for OM / Zuiko items now,
there was
interest in this one.

Through the view-finder, there is a tiny bit of flare when challenging the lens
into the
sun. Otherwise, it looks as good as I'd expect it to be.  What a wide image,
and
contrasty!

I must admit the auto-focus on the OM4Ti doesn't work since I tried that lens
on it, so
maybe those marks HAVE damaged the auto-focus system as was suggested by
somebody. (g) Now that I think of it, I also had the lens on my OM2 and my
OM10,
and since then they don't auto-focus either :-((    I'd better look into it, do
you think?

We are expecting rainy / cloudy weather all this week so I probably will not be
testing
the lens out in the sun during the next few days.

At some stage I'll probably try a water-soluble black pen-ink if flare shows up.

It's all a matter of priorities :-))

http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/~bj/photography/zuikoholics/recent5.htm

It cost nearly as much as my most recent Zuiko hauler !!  (See above). Quite
functional.

Brian