[OM] Re: OM-1MD - not firing flash

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-1MD - not firing flash
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 08:52:10 -0500
The tip of the hot shoe can break off in the top cover but that's
usually limited to cases of impact damage with a flash mounted in the
shoe.  It's somewhat safe to light scratch the tip of the center contact
in the top cover.  If pressed unusually hard, the entire contact with
plastic insulator could be pushed into the camera.

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon.net