[OM] Re: RAW processing from the E500

Subject: [OM] Re: RAW processing from the E500
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 06:57:45 -0800 (PST)
> Is it possible to process RAW images [ORF files] right in /
> from the E500 without first uploading them all to the
computer?

Yes. It's under the Play Menu, called EDIT.

> If "in camera" processing is possible can someone please give
> me the easy 1-2-3 steps to follow.

The implementation is slightly different in the E-1 than the
E-500 so I can't help you with a 1-2-3, however...

Review the desired image and think about what changes (if any)
you want to make to it (WB, B&W, Sepia, Saturation, Resize, etc)
and make those changes to the camera.  Now display the image
again, go into Play Menu, select EDIT, and follow the prompts.
During the RAW DATA EDIT process it treats the RAW file like a
fresh dump from the sensor and reprocesses it using the current
camera settings.

AG

http://new.mail.yahoo.com