[OM] Re: Panasonic over-priced?

Subject: [OM] Re: Panasonic over-priced?
From: "bill pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 15:41:19 -0600
Metal body, more robust construction?  I'd say that the price is
a little high, but not obscenely so.  I had seriously considered
getting one, but the E-400 debut and my needs for 10MP changed
that.  Somewhere down the line, I might get a used one once they
can be had for a reasonable price.
I, too, seriously considered it. It seems to have more robust construction,
but the more film camera like operation appealed to me. I remain interested
in the lens. It's what Olympus should have done long ago. (the red dot is
not a big deal to me, it's the IS and the effective 20-100)

What stopped me short is the crappy sensor. If it were a fine 7.5 mp, I
might have done it, but the sensor noise is simply unacceptable noise. It's
just years behind.

Bill Pearce