[OM] Re: Olympus 35 ECR Experience

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus 35 ECR Experience
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 21:14:55 -0500
Eeegad!  I just took a peek.  $10 for 2 and they're 1.5 volt alkaline
which is pretty far off the 1.35 volt spec for mercury.  And since
they're alkaline the voltage level is not stable as you would get with
either mercury or silver oxide.  You could have a better battery with a
silver oxide cell and a plastic spacer in the battery compartment.  Have
you ever considered using cheap hearing aid batteries?  They're zinc air
cells and produce 1.4 volts.

Chuck Norcutt