[OM] Re: How to clean a OM-1

Subject: [OM] Re: How to clean a OM-1
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 08:16:26 -0500
And always apply liquid cleaners to soft cloth, or lens tissue first,
then wipe camera. Don't dribble liquid on camera directly.  Avoid
cleaners with strong solvents, though denatured alcohol, methanol is
fine.  Don't spray camera with WD40, do not oil. ;-)

If OM-1 is REALLY old (as opposed to old), say, below serial number
1,000,000, check finder for large black or dark green blobs near the
bottom of the screen, this would indicate a ruined pentaprism.

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon.net