[OM] Re: Microtek question

Subject: [OM] Re: Microtek question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 09:42:46 -0500
Since both software packages exhibit the same behavior I have to assume
the problem lies with the scanner.  I don't know anything about your
scanner but from your description I would suspect that the scanner uses
some sort of micro switch that fits into some sort of detent on the film
holders to differentiate between them and that the switch has become
stuck... or something very similar to this scenario.

I was inspired to go check the film holders for my ScanWit 2720 and can
see that the negative and slideholders are of the same basic design
except for one of two guide rails that project vertically up from the
surface on either side of the film.  They both have small notches at the
ends of one of their guide rails but the negative holder has two notches
at either end while the slide holder has three notches at either end.

I suspect you'll find something analagous on your holders.  Find where
these notches or detents mate and I suspect you'll find the cause.  You
may have to remove the cover to be able to see what's going on.

Contact John Hermanson for top cover removal instructions!   :-)

Chuck Norcutt