[OM] Cr*p! I was just sitting there being fat, dumb and happy and then .

Subject: [OM] Cr*p! I was just sitting there being fat, dumb and happy and then . . .
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 15:37:28 EST
I just got my Olympus Chrome Six two or three weeks ago and was being ever
so happy and thinking what fun I was having with this old MIOJ folder.  I'd
shot a couple of rolls, printed some of them up and was in the process of
flattening them out at The Museum of Fine Arts, Glassell School of Art in
Houston,
when it happened.

Heck, Piers and I had emailed and he was happy he got the 40mm and I was
glad I had resisted.  He said he had sold his OM 3 and that got me to
seriously
thinking about maybe letting one of my OM 3 bodies go live with  someone else.
 I could maybe thin out a few duplicates . . . maybe sell the  Tamron 80-200
f2.8 and keep the Tokina, or maybe the other way around.  It  wouldn't matter,
as no one really needs two of  anything.    Well, other than certain body
parts.

It was like a sneak attack on my flank.  There she was toning those  prints
while my stuff was getting flattened in the presses.  Hmm, those  look kind of
interesting.  Haven't seen her in here before.  Think  maybe I'll just go over
and take a look and strike up a  conversation?  Big mistake!   No, it was
bigger than  that, but you can decide how much bigger.  Besides being
interesting
 subjects, nicely printed, well composed, they were also each composed of a
series of images in some sort of sequence.  Hmm, wonder what she was  using.
Oh, foolish me. I should have known better, but then I guess  that is why it
is called a weakness.  Are those a series of 645  images?  No, oh, really.
Her answer, "I use a P E N, that was  made by Olympus."  "Please lady, say
anything but that.  I'm in a  program. My sponsor isn't going to like this."
guess the saving  grace is that it is one of the cheap point and shoot, select
your scene type,  view finder PEN cameras.

It happened so fast.  It was faster than a speeding bullet.  I,  who never
had any interest in no dang half a##ed, half frame camera (even one  made by
Olympus), was converted in about three and half microseconds.  May  have to be
getting me one of those . . . afterall I really don't have enough  projects or
tools with which to complete them.

You might like to take a look at her website, which she says she needs to
update.  It is _www.betsyhaasgallery.com_ (http://www.betsyhaasgallery.com) .
Be
 sure and take a look at her bio.

I did mention this list to her, so she may pay us a visit.  If so,  mind your
manners and act right.  We might learn something.  She said  she thought she
might need to dust off the OM 1 she bought back  in the 70's.

So take a look and those who want can start submitting their offers of PEN
cameras. UGH!  Oh, just go ahead and keep them. Let me suffer in  solitude.  I
don't need another camera or another project. Really I  don't!  <PEN{8^)HEAD
Bill  Barber