[OM] [OT] B&W film processing, computers, linux, basic : anyone interest

Subject: [OM] [OT] B&W film processing, computers, linux, basic : anyone interested ?
From: Manuel Viet <oly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 01:51:42 +0100
Hello,

I've been toying for a couple of days with a project I had for some times
before, but never got into. Basically, it's a timer suited to film
processing. Pictures being worth a hundred words, see :

http://perso.orange.fr/m-viet/timer_stop.jpg
http://perso.orange.fr/m-viet/timer_run.jpg

It runs on Linux in KDE, an was programmed in a basic dialect called GAMBAS
(much like VB6, just better). It's mostly functional, just missing the log
part and the calculator to convert good metric datas into strange US units
(the shaded parts of the UI in the _stop picture ; shaded parts in the _run
are ergonomy related, to prevent the user nagging the timer while computing).

While I know classic photography + hardcore linuxian is an uncommon profile, I
was wondering if anyone here would have an interest into the project
(testing, verifying translations - documentation, or anything else). If so,
let me know and I'll come back to you once this project will be officially
released (I've been asking for a sourceforge hosting).

Thanks for any feedback.
--
Manuel Viet