[OM] Re: Coupla o pics

Subject: [OM] Re: Coupla o pics
From: "Bob Whitmire" <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 20:00:19 -0500
It made a big difference in both images, especially when looking at the
final prints. There's no real way to show it adequately on the web, but
trust me, the truck print especially is orders of magnitude better with LCE
than without.

What I did was CTL-J a new layer (as you instructed <g>), and then in most
cases apply two hits of LCE (A-20, R-50, T-0) and then use the opacity
slider to tone down the final effect. I think for the truck shot I toned
down to about 75 percent. The Pemaquid Point shot was 82 percent. It's kind
of a looks-right thing as far as I can tell, but so far so good.

And it really takes the soft edge off Shadow-Highlight adjustments. I use
the Shadow adjustment often, but don't really like what it does if I use
more than about 15 percent. With LCE, I can run all the way up to nearly 50
percent and get a result that's much easier on the eye.

--Bob