[OM] Re: Which camera is best buy?

Subject: [OM] Re: Which camera is best buy?
From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 02:10:27 +0000
Yeah I had a play waith a Nikon D50 today - and took a few shots in the
store and was impressed with what the LCD showed. It felt a little odd at
first - and I didn't play with manual settings (in case I messed anything
up). Basically I just pointed and when it acquired focus (which it does very
quickly) I took the shot. Ok a camera store doesn't offer much in the way of
opportunities - but I took a shot of the plate glass window and the
autofocus wasn't fazed in the least (as I expected it wouldn't be). Then I
whirled around and took a shot of the shelves (a couple of feet away) and
the autofocus was very quick. The light levels in the store were low but the
D50 coped well - *much* better than I expected! The D50 felt a tad bulbous
at first - compared with my film SLRs - but after a two shots felt perfectly
natural. The viewfinder was much better than my friend's Fuji - I think I've
found the DLSR I wnat to start with. I've got to save another £100 to get a
new one - but I'd rather buy brand new than get one of eB*y. That way, I get
the warranty and I know it shouldn't have any problems. I'm actaully looking
forward to making the transition to digital - but wil keep at least one film
SLR - I'm not going to abandon film completely.
Allan

PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really cool
about it).

Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
confused mass of energy, have created.
-Disturb the mind -

http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters