[OM] Another scanner question

Subject: [OM] Another scanner question
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 20:13:18 -0800
I've been having trouble with the SCSI interface on my new computer. I
moved the Adaptec AHA2940W adapter to this computer and it seems to be
functioning correctly. Problem is the scanner randomly quits in the
middle of a scan much of the time. Ed Hamrick says that according to the
log file, "The scanner is transferring data normally at 2000 dpi, and
then suddenly the SCSI request for another 6 lines of data fails."
Anyone have any idea as to what would cause this behavior? Obviously not
a Vuescan problem but some kind of hardware issue. This setup worked on
the old W98 box without a problem.

Mike