[OM] Re: Slouching Toward Something Else

Subject: [OM] Re: Slouching Toward Something Else
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 09:52:56 -0800 (PST)
> How much "weather sealing" does an E-1 have and what exactly
> is the "weather" against which the camera is "sealed"?

Very sealed.  There are stories that abound about complete
submersion in water.  It's not uncommon for people to wash the
cameras off under a faucet.  The pro lenses are also sealed.
Even the lens mount is O-ringed.

Using the E-1 in a deluge is a non-issue.  I've shot with people
carrying other non-sealed DSLRs and they tend to go into
"hiding" when the weather is foul.  The E-1 is a tank.

Further speaking of the "tank" characteristic, mine got pounded
by a bunch of rocks that would have destroyed an OM.  It's got a
nice scratch in the prism-hump paint to prove it.  14 months
later, it's still going strong.

AG

http://new.mail.yahoo.com