[OM] Re: Slouching Toward Something Else

Subject: [OM] Re: Slouching Toward Something Else
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 15:16:54 -0800 (PST)
One point I wanted to make about my own possible migration to
Nikon. I'm waiting it out till PMA time frame to give Olympus a
last chance at the E-1 replacement.  Even at that time, I may
STILL decide to get an E-400 because a $1000 investment in a
"throw-away" is still cheeper than a $10,000 investment in a
whole new system. Interest expense on a $10,000 loan is about
$1000 the first year!

If I can delay a wholesale changeover to another system
long-enough, I just might be able to make the jump all the way
to Medium Format Digital--which is where I really would want to
be.

I just bought a motordrive (battery grip) for my E-1 to give it
some additional capability (faster AF, vertical grip) as the
camera is still most outstanding for portrature and is
super-quiet.  I'll get something 10MP in first-quarter 2007,
maybe even the E-400 as it is looking pretty sweet and would
take care of my low-profile shooting requirements.  In the
meantime, film is taking the load for high-quality stuff where
the E-1 poops out.

AG

http://new.mail.yahoo.com