[OM] Re: Newbie portrait question

Subject: [OM] Re: Newbie portrait question
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 23:26:47 -0800
For inside your home -

If you have the option of being near a window I would recommend using
it for the main light and using either a T32 or T20 for fill light for
at least some of your shots. Depending on the size of your rooms
probably the 50mm or maybe 100mm will give the best composition for a
portrait.

I would mount the camera flash on the bounce grip to get it a little
further away from the lens.Then mount the bounce grip plus camera on
your tripod. By setting the T32 to Auto (not TTL Auto) with it also
set to a higher ISO or lower f-stop than your film or lens you can
trick it into under exposing for fill.

I would guess that you have at least one T-Cord to connect the OM2 to
the bounce grip. You could mount one T32 on your hotshoe and use the
T-Cord between your hot shoe mounted T32 and your second T32 mounted
on your bounce grip. That would give you the option of pointing one
T32 directly at you & your SO while using the other to bounce off the
ceiling.

Good luck,
-jeff