[OM] Re: CRT's vs. LCD displays

Subject: [OM] Re: CRT's vs. LCD displays
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 20:18:19 -0800
I recently bought the rather plebeian 204B and am happy enough with it.
Recommended for those on a budget or for a second monitor. I hear the
'T' models rather than the 'B' are reputed to be the better but this is
the first LCD monitor I've owned so I'm not sure what to expect. The
screen is not as evenly lit as my old CRT but is as good or better than
other LCD's I've used. I also find myself stepping back to view photos
onscreen because the colors are better. It's taking a while to get the
seat-of-the-pants profile I use for printing right.

A related question: I've been using this monitor now a month or more and
it is starting to collect some dust. How do you clean a LCD monitor? It
has a slight texture like a focus screen which I know one shouldn't
touch. Plus wouldn't want to harm all the magical goodies just below the
surface.

Mike