[OM] Re: Introduction and OM-1 questions

Subject: [OM] Re: Introduction and OM-1 questions
From: Melanie Chang <soloriver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 13:10:20 -0800
Hi Chuck,

Thanks very much -- I located the little silver tab as described and
was able to reset my frame counter.  It now counts up properly when
advanced.

It has to "think" about it for a few seconds when the camera back is
opened up before going back to "S" but it does eventually do that.
This makes me wonder if something is gummed up within.

The foam seals around the back door of the black OM-1 are sticky to
the touch.  I'm guessing they could stand to be replaced and am
thinking I could do this myself.  The viewfinder looks clean.  Where
would I look exactly to see if the foam inside the prism has
deteriorated?  Is this the foam I see if I take the lens off?
(Sorry, I'm a total SLR dummy.)

Thanks for the pointers!

-- Melanie

--