[OM] Re: Troublesome OM1

Subject: [OM] Re: Troublesome OM1
From: "bill pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 16:22:57 -0600
I admit I am a bit reluctant to send the cameras off for a CLA
because of the cost for CLA vs. cost for replacement.  Then again, I
guess I could keep trying to buy replacement bodies and having the
same problems over and over again, which is not only a waste of
money, but silly.  What to do.

I think you just answered your own question. How many times have I heard,
"But I can go on junkbay and get a replacement for only $50!" That's what
you did, and where are you know,, is what I want to say.

So far I have two 50/1.8 lenses (one MC, one a "silvernose" that is
not), a 28/2.8, and a 28-210 Vivitar macro zoom.  I am used to the
50mm length on my M3 and I think I like that length best.  I am
enjoying how much closer I can get to my subjects using the OM vs.
the Leica.  I am also enjoying the fact that it is humanly possible
to buy OM lenses and bodies.  My Leica and lens were inherited, and
while it is my favorite camera/lens combo (both to use and for
sentimental reasons), the cost of accessories and additional lenses
is both discouraging and prohibitive.

Oh, we can get you there, too....

Bill Pearce