[OM] E-Monolith has arrived

Subject: [OM] E-Monolith has arrived
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 18:25:42 -0800 (PST)
Well, it's done. The new battery is charged and the SHLD-2 is
mounted on the E-1.  I'm now calling it the E-Mono(as in 1)lith.
It definitely grows the size and weight of the contraption.

It's not that the E-1 was dinky before, but it definitely
changes the appearance of things. I'd have stuck with the body
only, but portraiture is a major revenue stream so I'm just
doing what the Romans do.

Thanks, NSURIT, for convincing me that I needed to part with
more cash for the battery-grip. I do like it.  I'm trying to
convince my wife that I need the 7-14.

Now, I do have one question: Has anybody ever had a problem with
the tripod socket breakout out of the bottom of the SHLD-2?  I
looked at it and it seemed kinda flimsy plastic underneath.

Ok, I've got to be really fair here and grouse for a second. The
vertical grip shape is a bit "off" and kinda feels like a Canon
5D with the slightly shortened finger spacing and lack of
angular edge.

See, I can scorch Olympus too about grip shape. My venem isn't
aimed solely at Canon.  ;)

AG

http://new.mail.yahoo.com