[OM] Re: E-Monolith has arrived

Subject: [OM] Re: E-Monolith has arrived
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 20:45:07 -0600
AG Schnozz wrote:
> Well, it's done. The new battery is charged and the SHLD-2 is
> mounted on the E-1.  I'm now calling it the E-Mono(as in 1)lith.
> It definitely grows the size and weight of the contraption.
>
> It's not that the E-1 was dinky before, but it definitely
> changes the appearance of things. I'd have stuck with the body
> only, but portraiture is a major revenue stream so I'm just
> doing what the Romans do.
>
> Thanks, NSURIT, for convincing me that I needed to part with
> more cash for the battery-grip. I do like it.  I'm trying to
> convince my wife that I need the 7-14.

Yeah, good luck with that.  However, I did get the approval from the
wife (mine, not yours) to get the E-1 in the first place, and then again
for the SHLD-2, and now for the FL-50. Next up, a DZ zoom....

It does help that I'm actually doing some motorsports shooting now for
some friends' Busch team, and getting paid for it.

> Now, I do have one question: Has anybody ever had a problem with
> the tripod socket breakout out of the bottom of the SHLD-2?  I
> looked at it and it seemed kinda flimsy plastic underneath.

I think it's stronger than it looks, but I haven't tried it yet.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon