[OM] Re: Ornery mood

Subject: [OM] Re: Ornery mood
From: Mike Lees <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 20:34:41 +0000
Allan,

It seems you are going through the same hopes and doubts as me before I
bought my 350D about a year ago.

After 12 months of using it I find that I really enjoy using it. I find
the AE works reasonably well but I it does have aperture/shutter
priority and manual which I do sometimes use. I think Moose has said it
before - changing the aperture in AE is just a matter of using the
thumbwheel and the shutter speed compensates.

My main complaint with it is the viewfinder - and not because it is
small. It took me a while to work out what my problem with it was - you
have to READ the numbers. It is just not the same as being able to
glance at the OM-4's bargraph or the OM-2n's needle.

Batteries were a real concern for me - before I used it. I have two
batteries but they seem to last forever. - In fact it still surprises me
how long they last after the low battery indicator comes on.

Regards,

Mike.