[OM] Re: Megapixels and printing photos

Subject: [OM] Re: Megapixels and printing photos
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 13:04:27 -0800
I think the 300 dpi is more of an upper limit to what is needed than
what is required for a high quality picture. A magazine can get 300
dpi but they probably figure they can't print anything higher so they
ask for 300 dpi.

Probably many editors crop images. There is no limit to how many
pixels could be useful in the submission.

-jeff