[OM] Re: Ornery mood

Subject: [OM] Re: Ornery mood
From: Garth <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 15:38:47 -0700
Well, I just tried to duplicate AG's scenario, but naturally nothing
went wrong for me.  I know you can set *folders* to read-only status,
and so I tried the following:

1. Take some pictures.
2. Put the CF card in the card reader.
3. Find the folder the E-1 created and set it to read-only.  For good
measure, set the parent folder to read-only as well.
4. Put the CF card back in the E-1.
5. Try to delete existing pictures.  (Didn't work.)
6. Un-protect some pictures and then try to delete them one-by-one
(worked fine).
7. Take some more pictures.
8. Examine again on computer.  (Now there's a mix of read-only and
"normal" .ORF files in the folder created by the E-1).

I'm stumped.  I officially declare my belief that AG's been the victim
of "bad juju," my all-purpose demi-mythical whipping boy when I can't
wrap the rational portion of my mind around why something went wrong.

Is it time to call Oly Tech Support and ask "What gives?"?

Garth