[OM] Re: Rome trip next week! Need to kick some time in Amsterdam...

Subject: [OM] Re: Rome trip next week! Need to kick some time in Amsterdam...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 20:02:57 -0500
I spent a few days in Amsterdam many years ago.  While there were many
delightful things to remember the thing that comes immediately to mind
was eating Indonesian style dim-sum in a small resturant.  Up to that
time I had never heard of dim-sum.  Dim-sum is really Chinese and I
think the Inodnesian version is a bit different.  Anyhow, it's an
amazing variety of little snack-size dishes to taste and savor with each
one seemingly better than the one before.  Served by the owner of the
place who just kept them coming and coming until we were stuffed and
could eat no more.

Sorry, I have no idea where I was but I'm sure there must be 100 places
just like it.  With only a couple of hours and looking for something to
eat I know exactly what I'd do.  You only need someone to recommend a
particular place.  Or maybe the best one is the one that's closest to
where you are.  More time to sample those goodies!

Chuck Norcutt