[OM] ORF files

Subject: [OM] ORF files
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 17:52:50 +1300
Hi all,

I think I have finally worked out what that ORFul name stands for:
Olympus Raw File

Probably it is in a manual somewhere but I don't recall seeing it.

A while ago there was a discussion about in-camera editing of ORF files, so
today I wasted a few ( a good few) electrons and saved a pic as RAW + Jpeg.

Then I went into on-camera raw edit mode ( menu 2nd set down) and
eventually pressed edit.   The result surprised me; there were no controls to
edit anything as far as I could tell, and every time I did it, a new file was
created.  So I can see where the ORFul comes in.

Is this process dealt with in any of the Oly manuals?

Brian