[OM] Re: [Photo] this is Linn

Subject: [OM] Re: [Photo] this is Linn
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 23:20:47 -0600
Bart Wientjes wrote:
> so it's confession time...
> Here's some more old-skool technology for you:
>
> I have a Nagra portable reel-to-reel recorder. I found it with the garbage
> some day. It has some resemblance to an OM-1, especially in it's tan
> eaveready case. I never use this.

Ooooooohhhh.... Nagra.  Nice. The defacto standard for location
recording for Hollywood for YEARS.  For some, still the go-to recorder.

> I make my computer backups to a Sun SPARCstation running enterprise storage
> oftware. It has 24 external SCSI harddisks and 6 DDS2 DAT tape recorders. I
> use this frequently.
Nice.  Pretty. Noisy.

> Actually, the Sparcs do not only resemble the OMs in build quality and
> pertness, but there's an overlap in names as well: 1,2,4,10,20...

Yup.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon