[OM] Re: OM2n : what fails first, batteries or test ?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM2n : what fails first, batteries or test ?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 08:02:26 -0500
Inquiring minds want to know.  I know the mirror will lock up (I think
below 2.2 volts) and the shot will not be taken but your view of how
this works doesn't make sense to me.  We know that even the first
shutter curtain is not actutated or we'd have an exposure and ruin the
frame.  So, how can the camera measure the load on the curtain magnets
without acutating at least the first curtain?  Is there maybe a latch
that gets set on the prior exposure that says lock up on the next one?

ps:  The 2.2 volt number is key to why alkalines don't work well for
these cameras.  It doesn't take long for a pair of alkalines to fall
that low even though they may be able to deliver a fair amount of
current.  As you said, stick with silver oxide!

Chuck Norcutt