[OM] Re: Eekbay

Subject: [OM] Re: Eekbay
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 16:01:13 -0800
It sounds like you really want a DSLR. Certainly it will serve you
better than a fixed lens small format digicam. Almost all of us
started with a digicam and quickly moved to a DSLR and seldom use the
digicam any more. It seems to be an intermediate step that is sort of
a waste of time and money. You might consider a new Pentax K110 with
kit lens for just a little more than the Fuji you are talking about.
Or wait a couple of months for the D40 which will be even a bit cheaper.

B&H new prices:

Finepix s6000fd(they don't list the 6500 yet) - $400
Pentax K110 w/lens - $525
O. E-500 w/ lens - $600
Canon 350D w/lens - $649
N. D50 w/lens - $649

Used Canon 350D w/lens from reputable store like Keh - $546. More
money than the new Pentax.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA