[OM] Re: OM-4 Speed Ring Adventures

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-4 Speed Ring Adventures
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 19:31:25 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 17 Nov 2006, S Revlis wrote:

> Question: In manual mode does the shutter only fire at the speed shown in
> the view finder or will it fire at speeds in between if the selector ring
> is set at say 1/60 & a third of the way to 1/125?

It'll only fire at the discrete intervals, the selector ring is merely
moving a little wheel which selects one of a set of pre-defined inputs.

>  I guess some of you might like to try this on your OM's if you like
> one finger speed selection. I can't help wonder if there is some major
> drawback to this that you're all about to inform me of.

The only drawback is the fact that it will void your warranty :-)  That
the fact that it might be a little too easy to accidentally change the
setting.
                                        -mark