[OM] Re: Olympus Pen EE questions

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus Pen EE questions
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 22:01:30 EST

In a message dated 11/17/2006 3:49:53 P.M. Central Standard Time,
piers@xxxxxxxx writes:

Responding to my own post, you might also take a look at
_http://www.subclub.org/shop/pene.htm_ (http://www.subclub.org/shop/pene.htm)

So it is the Pen EE-EL that now resides at my house.  The camera and
shipping was less than $20, however it is now at the shop getting new light
seals
installed at $25, so it will soon be a $46 or $47 camera.  That  OK.

Looks like I have auto exposure at 1/60 or I can have manual exposure at
1/60.  In other words I can adjust the aperture to something other than  what
auto selects, as long as I am happy with the setting.  The only real
applications I might see for doing it this way if you were shooting something
that you
knew would not be correct when using an average reading or if you  wanted to
use a film faster than the ASA 200 limit on the camera.  That  might be about
right with small aperture, 1/60 and great depth of field.   Kind of a street
shooters dream, especially with the super quite shutter.   I haven't loaded my
first roll of film as the light seals were shot.  I did  however take the roll
of Kodacolor II film in for processing that was in it when  I bought it.  Maybe
something interesting.  Bill  Barber