[OM] 10mp DSlr comparison

Subject: [OM] 10mp DSlr comparison
From: Ali Shah <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 22:20:50 -0800 (PST)
At the 10mp range it is difficult to select a clear
cut leader. This is an interesting review and not
totally biased:

http://www.bythom.com/d80review.htm

"I know this will cause some controversy, but here's
my personal order of preference and the reasoning
behind it:

1. Pentax K10D. A clear bargain for the impressive
feature set. (But I reserve judgment to change its
place in this list if the image quality doesn't match
or exceed the D80's.)

2. Nikon D80. Slightly more responsive (very fast
shutter lag, for instance) than the others, no glaring
faults. Excellent image quality in all ways I test,
and perfectly usable at ISO 1600.

3. Canon Digital Rebel XTi (400D). The low-price
leader, but it shows, I think. Just compare
viewfinders with the above two. Canon no longer has
the high ISO image quality advantage.

4. Sony Alpha 100. Should be priced like the Canon,
but the biggest liability is the higher ISO image
quality, which doesn't match that of the other
cameras. "

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
$510k for $1,698/mo. Calculate new payment!
www.LowerMyBills.com/lre