[OM] Re: OT G7 review [was D40 official]

Subject: [OM] Re: OT G7 review [was D40 official]
From: Richard Ociepka <ociepka@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 13:52:11 -0500
Chris Barker wrote:

> I really wanted to like the G7 after having handled it in my
> favourite Olympus shop in Cambridge (Cambridgeshire ;-)).  It is such
> a beautiful piece of machinery.  Would you  be kind enough to
> continue reporting your impressions as you are allowed to develop
> them ... ;-)

The reason to go with the G7 was the viewfinder along with the 2.5" LCD.
My wife has the Panasonic DMC-LZ5. It has high ISO selection but the
biggest complaint was no viewfinder.
The second problem with the LZ5 is that if you touch a button it changes
the setting. It should be that the first time a button is pressed it
tells you the setting and the second time it is depressed the setting
changes.

> I also really want to like the E-400, but Amateur Photographer is a
> little critical of its EV range.

If we wait for a camera with no criticism we would still be waiting for
that perfect product.

I like that the G7 has a manual mode along with shutter and aperture
priority.
We will get a better feel for it as we use it in the real world.

Dick