[OM] Ingrid Bergman - two new images

Subject: [OM] Ingrid Bergman - two new images
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 11:06:28 +1300
Hi all you Olympus users

I have come to the conclusion that a good part of my dissatisfaction with the
E-1 stems from the fact that the only DZ lens I have is the 14 - 45mm kit
lens that came with the camera.  It just does not deliver sharp images.

Look at these two photographs of Ingrid Bergman; (rotated left one) resized
to 1000 pixels wide (was height) with irfan view, saved at 85%.

http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/~bj/photography/zuikoholics/recent5.htm

I should get the 50mm macro and the 14-54. Sometime. When they are
more affordable !!

The story behind these two shots is like something from a Greek tragedy.

I have an old friend - old in both senses of the word, now - who was in class
with me at secondary school. An extremely talented guy. Or was.

His wife is dying of cancer and has just a few weeks to live. He doesn't know
exactly where she is (in a hospice somewhere in the same city), and he is
now forbidden by law ( he has had a trespass order placed on him) to make
any contact with her. Not that he was violent as far as I know - "just" a case
of being severely alcoholic to the point that she couldn't stand it any more.

I intend to send her a card, and he asked if I could send her a bunch of red
roses, via me. I indicated they'd have a snow-ball's chance in hell of getting
past the gate-keeper, but I would take some pics of red roses and include a
couple of prints with the card, and hope they would get through.  He never
had the chance to say goodbye before the ambulance took her away. :-(

There's more to the story than that, but that is the story behind the roses.
Actually, I took more shots and these came from the second visit; I was so
disappointed with the first set of shots.

I can get sharper shots with the OM4Ti and any one of several Zuiko lenses,
and Fuji Reala.

Brian