[OM] Re: iMac for Workflow

Subject: [OM] Re: iMac for Workflow
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 19:47:29 +0000
If you are thinking about it Bob, I reckon the decision is almost
made :-)

I have just bought the 20" iMac, but I nearly went for the 24".  The
only reason that I didn't was that the larger computer was looking to
be too large.  However, the review in MacUser (UK) was that it was a
wonderful machine, if perhaps a little large as a personal computer;
it was better suited to work as a media centre in the living room ...

But if you got the smaller iMac and found the screen too limited in
size you could buy a small LCD to use for palettes etc and place them
side by side -- I am considering that step.

You can run Windoze on the Intel Macs (aaargh! ;-)) with a system
called Parallels, about USD60.  Apparently it is faster than a PC
running the OS.

Chris