[OM] Re: E300 to studio flash

Subject: [OM] Re: E300 to studio flash
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 15:06:38 -0500
James,

To flesh out Hans' recommendation of a hotshoe to PC unit:

N*kon make probably the cheapest and tidiest unit in their AS-15 (which as
below is out of stock often I have found)

<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=3
7086&is=REG&addedTroughType=search>

Hama have a dual function (hotshoe - pc - hotshoe) for a little more money.

<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=8
9977&is=REG&addedTroughType=search>

Your final and more expensive choice would be to get a radio slave trigger.
eBay has plenty of these in four and sixteen channel options for between
$40-60.

The Olympus cord you mention wouldn't be of help for your situation as it is
designed to be a TTL link from the hotshoe to the E system equivalent of the
Bounce Grip. There isn't a TTL flash socket on an E System body so far.

In a course similar to the one you are doing that I took over the summer the
instructor had a Quantum Radio link to his fill light and then optically
triggered the rest of his lights. This allowed us students to use our on
camera flashes as a fill and grab a similar shot to his in workshop
situations. Not perfect but useable to remember the posing examples.

Have fun on the course!

Dan S.