[OM] Re: Eekbay

Subject: [OM] Re: Eekbay
From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 22:01:54 +0000
Again, thank you. This list really is a mine of information. Using OM lenses
on a 350D would suit me greatly :)
I have decided to definitely not go the digicam route and leave the Fujis
alone. The sensible thing is to wait until after Christmas, add the extra
cash required to buy a 350D or 400D brand new - even though I'd kinda
promised myself the new (to me at least, if s/h) digital before Christmas.
I've discovered that the s/h market gets really volatile just prior to
Christmas - so I'm going to treat my A1 to a couple of lenses (£30) and save
the remainder (£300) until after Christmas. I will add maybe another £150 to
the fund then buy a brand new DSLR. I know that, in the long run, this is
the better route and my OM cameras won't have gone in vain. I'll need a bit
of willpower not to dip into the funds between now and Christmas (another
reason I wanted to get a digital camera now lol). I'm just glad I didn't put
the classic OM2 and A1 (which I knew was coming) into the pool of SLRs I
sold. I did sell one OM power winder II and a rather nice Mirage 28mm wa -
but I've still got my even better Sigma 28mm wa and kept the other
PowerWinder II. I sold the Miranda 70-210mm macro and kept the Tamron
80-210mm SP F4.5/5.6 macro (because of its very useful Adaptall II adaptor -
I have Adaptall II mounts for OM and Fujica mounts. I might treat myself to
a Canon FD one). Hmmm I only have one Zuiko Standard 50mm F1.8 now instead
of 3. Ok sorry, didn't mean to start giving an inventory lol I'll stay quiet
on this particular thread now until I get a DSLR.
Allan (who is looking to the January sales with great anticipation)

PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really cool
about it).

Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
confused mass of energy, have created.
-Disturb the mind -

http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters