[OM] Re: iMac for Workflow

Subject: [OM] Re: iMac for Workflow
From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 22:09:35 +0000
Cool!
Next year, given the prices of s/h Macs nowadays, I'll buy a s/h Mac or
iMac. G3 and G4 systems are going cheap I've noticed - my main concern being
the size of the hard drive. I've only owned one Classic Mac which was a few
years ago. I stuck with PCs because *everybody* has a PC lol
Allan

PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really cool
about it).

Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
confused mass of energy, have created.
-Disturb the mind -

>From: "Bob Whitmire" <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [OM] Re: iMac for Workflow
>Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 16:40:16 -0500
>

>FWIW, for anyone considering switching platforms, I did call Adobe today,
>actually talked with a human being--and a charming and helpful one at
>that--and she confirmed that one is allowed a finite number of
>cross-platform transfers in a lifetime. In my case, Adobe will send me CS2
>for Mac for the cost of postage. If my deliberations drag on to the issue
>of
>CS3, they will sell me CS3 for Mac at the upgrade price, same as if I were
>upgrading for Windows.
>
>--Bob

>List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
>List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

The new Windows Live Toolbar helps you guard against viruses
http://toolbar.live.com/?mkt=en-gb