[OM] Re: iMac for Workflow

Subject: [OM] Re: iMac for Workflow
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:27:15 +0100
I believe my idea of the truth ;-)  the mac intel duo based machines hit
the market before there were many  pc versions running same intel duos,
so at the time they were faster, the new chips have been optimised for
virtualisation hence run parallels without too much overhead.

The first trials of the mac machines with bootcamp showed faster
performance than running the "fastest" pc at the time.

If is all academic though, windows works fine with parallels, forget
dual booting it is a pain, I have a pc at work with linux and windows
dual boot, it is very rare that I want to boot into  linux to actually
go through the effort of rebooting, parallels on the other hand is
brilliant and I believe incorporated in the new leopard.

If I get time I will download PS CS2 for the PC and running it in win
2000 on parallels and time it against the mac version running via
rosetta. I do know though that ps CS2 runs much slower than on my dual
g4 1.8Ghz sonnet, but its about the only thing that does.

IanW