[OM] Re: iMac for Workflow

Subject: [OM] Re: iMac for Workflow
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 14:16:18 +0100
Unfortunately I can't give a startup time for cs2 on windows 2000
(parallels) as it requires sp4 and I don't want to install that, but it
takes around 35 secs to start in the mac environment on my intel macbook
(dual 1.83 Ghz not latest chips).  It is slower than the g4,g5  mac
machines, but to be honest for photography I am beginning to think that
lightroom is the holy grail depending upon how they price it, it is the
osx front end to photo manipulation software I have been looking for and
its a universal binary, I don't see me using CS2 very much at all, still
I chanced on a half price upgrade of cs2 so it wasn't too bad an
investment.  Once running though it is fine to use.

IanW