[OM] Re: Just a dog (OT)

Subject: [OM] Re: Just a dog (OT)
From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 15:31:23 +0000
Hi Marc
I'm truly sorry to hear about your dog. Your post conveys the love you have
for him. It's true, a dog really is man's best friend. May he rest in peace
and his spirit roam free in doggy heaven.
Allan

PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really cool
about it).

Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
confused mass of energy, have created.
-Disturb the mind -

>From: "Marc Lawrence" <MLawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [OM] Just a dog (OT)
>Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 19:42:45 +1100
>

>I lost my dog, Monty, yesterday to complications arising from
>ultimately from nasal adenocarcinoma. Yes, I know this it OT,
>though I beg your patience (and understand if you'd prefer the
>DELETE key), as Monty, my dog, was also the being I photographed
>more than any other, with Maggie, my other dog, coming in
>second.
>
>Monty was a good dog, but....
>
>...he was also, in my one-eyed mind, the greatest dog that ever lived;
>a giant; a canine archetype crashing across my universe; a jester
>of galactic renown; a King of Kings; a mental gymnast and gymnastic
>mentalist bar none...but he was also, in the less hyperbolic parts of
>my brain, and in the part of me that understands and knows happiness,
>just exactly what everyone can be fortunate enough to have in
>their lives: a good dog.
>
>Someone called a past dog in their lives a "heart dog", and that
>we may have but one "heart-dog" - that archetype to which others,
>just as much loved, provide detail and decoration and finetuning
>and enhancement, all formed out of the "heart-dog"'s mould even
>while carving their own individual path through our mind's sky.
>Peter has never owned, or been owned by, a dog before and it goes
>without saying that Monty is his. For me, who has owned a dog before
>(Goldie, the family dog), there are some elements of guilt towards
>that former family pet, because I *know* to my core that Monty was
>and is my "heart-dog" too.
>
>He could glide with an inspiring grace across a field, head lifted
>high, highstepping the aire, straight into a tree (and then look
>astounded and offended that the tree did not have the intelligence
>nor good grace to move out of his way). He was the dog that bit other
>dogs, and yet would allow a strange Jack Russell Terrier to raise
>itself on its backlegs, front legs on Monty's shoulder, to sniff
>his face. He was embarrassed by hugs and yet desired to be directly
>under your feet at every unexpected opportunity. He was a hard
>dog to live with at times, especially while out in public amongst
>houndish strangers...and yet nothing rewarding is easy, and my
>struggles, arguments, placations, comforts and mind-melds with
>him showed me my good and my bad qualities, as I saw his reflected
>in mine, and for that I must be grateful, if not always having
>wanted to look into that reflection. He trusted me - that is hard
>for me to be grateful for, for I rarely felt I deserved that trust
>- and that was nectar even when undeserved. He was never anything
>I expected, but was always something that I never knew I needed.
>
>He was clown, fool, lord, knight, fighter, mad eejit, sharp, blunt,
>roar, laughter, howl, slapstick, melodrama, earthy, pungent, claw,
> [...]

Windows Live? Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free!