[OM] Re: iMac for Workflow

Subject: [OM] Re: iMac for Workflow
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:31:59 -0800 (PST)
Chuck wrote:
> I assume Lightroom will be perfect for the first but
> PhotoShop or Picture Window will be used on the second.

Chuck, this brings up a question.  I'm very much liking
Lightroom (except for the current performance issues), and see
where it is nearly perfect for my wedding/event
shoots--especially where I'm mixing source types (film, multiple
cameras).  I can get the exposures, crops (straightening), and
even the skintones to all match with little effort.  This leaves
just the spotting and a few other things to be done in a true
editor.

I really, really, like PWP for the B&W conversion engine as well
as the ability to perform vignettes that are actually
photogenic.  However, the "Healing Brush" in Photoshop is so
unbelievably valuable as to render other editors almost
worthless.  I stopped using PWP a little while back and I'm not
remembering if the new version has a functional "healing brush".

If it does have a "healing brush", would the Lightroom/PWP
combination be a good all-around combination for
wedding/portrait/event work?  I really dislike Photoshop, even
Elements, because of the huge amount of PC resources it hogs and
the speed of applying changes as compared to PWP.

AG

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
$510k for $1,698/mo. Calculate new payment!
www.LowerMyBills.com/lre