[OM] Re: Help

Subject: [OM] Re: Help
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:31:00 -0800
bill pearce wrote:
> I have changed email addresses and re-subscribed but only want the
> digest. I get a bit swamped otherwise during the day.
> Nick,
>
> I've tried to get the digest ever since the server change (seems like ten
> years ago, but I know it hasn't been that long), and I can't get it either.
> I suspect you're screwed.

The Quick links page of zuikoholic.com has errors. If you want to set
the digest on, it puts "set+DIGEST" in the subject field of the e-mail.
In the FAQ, the instructions are correct. You want "set DIGEST", without
the plus sign. Unless things are worse off upstairs than I think, I
tested this last time the same complaint was raised and was able to set
and unset Digest without any trouble.

Why anyone would want the digest I don't know. Digest or individual
mails are about the same total size. Digest is s funny name, in that I
find it quite indigestible. Paging down through that undifferentiated
mush of text is just too much of a strain on the old gray matter. With
individual mails and a local mail client, you can send list mail to its
one folder and slice, dice, sort, filter within that folder. I usually
read threads in order. And I can easily delete all the iMac or other
threads that don't apply to me en masse.

Moose