[OM] Re: Patience is a virtue!

Subject: [OM] Re: Patience is a virtue!
From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 13:30:18 +0000
Just called in the finance office at Reed to see if they will pay me a
couple of days early. If they pay me today, I will get my camera today :) If
not, will be tomorrow or Monday. Just waiting for finance to open.
Allan

PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really cool
about it).

Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
confused mass of energy, have created.
-Disturb the mind -

>From: "Allan Mee" <BigAlsGroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: Atticus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Mysteries-of-Life@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
>ClassicOlympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, olympus@xxxxxxxxxx, FilmSLR@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [FilmSLR] Patience is a virtue!
>Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 11:09:46 +0000
>
>Whoot!!!
>Just had a telephone call. My Canon 300D has arrived! So going to go
>examine
>it in a few mins - I'm finally going digital (as well as film). Will be
>weird in two respects. Firstly, it will be my first ever digital SLR. It
>was
>only the other week I owned my first ever Canon film SLR - (being an
>Olympus
>man for the last 30 years). So my second Canon is the digital. I've still
>got my classic OM2 with power winder II and an OM40 that needs the door
>catch sorting (I sold one - couldn't/wouldn't sell that one until sorted).
>The only autofocus SLRs I've owned so far is a Minolta 7000AF and Minolta
>9000AF (plus a compact of compacts) - I've never had problems with manual
>focussing - which only takes 1/2 sec whether using split-screen, microprsm
>collar or matte screen. I've had about 20 SLRs with manual focusing so AF
>has never really been high on my list of desirable features. I'm much more
>concerned about exposure control and accuracy and with the quality of the
>images. Yesterday, my market trader friend had a beautiful Canon EOS 500
>film SLR with him, that, if I wasn't going digital, I'd have bought
>yesterday. There's still magic in quality film SLRs! He also had a mint Oly
>OM 101 - which kinda reminded me of a Canon T50 for some reason - probably
>because it was a lot 'squarer' than I remembered. I've been up all night -
>editing images I scanned from negatives using Adobe CS2 (for the first time
>- I wanted to see if I liked CS2 as much as PS 7.0) so I'm feeling both a
>bit tired yet excited. I did break into the £300 a little yesterday - but I
>get paid tomorrow (Monday at the latest! And with the camera shop saying
>it'd take a week for the 300D to arrive - and me getting paid tomorrow or
>Monday, I wasn't worried so today I'm giong to go view the camera, and
>leave
>£260 on it - and pay the rest tomorrow (hopefully) or Monday at the latest!
>Hopefully I'll have set up some paid work for the Canon to do soon (if all
>goes to plan) - so I am kinda kicking myself for having broken into the
>£300
>yesterday. But given my market trader friend tends to work on a first come,
>first served basis and had sold the Canon lenses I was interested in, I
>figured I better grab the Cosina 28mm WA while it was there! Hmmmm it will
>be the first time I've visited this particular store - so I'm interested in
>seeing what they stock and what they are like to chat to - because I'll
>probably end being a regular customer knowing me ;)
> [...]

Find Singles In Your Area Now With Match.com! msnuk.match.com