[OM] Re: OT -- use of English, was Re: The Truth out digital cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: OT -- use of English, was Re: The Truth out digital cameras
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 14:34:19 -0000
Bravo, Joel, that is excellent stuff (though I can't agree your suggestion
of the olfactory evidence of sanity).

Orwell's six rules are pithily put, and completely appropriate.  I am
currently spending much of my time rendering lawyerly English into a form
understandable by one whose mother tongue is not English - and he is just
the translator - and how I wish that Orwell's words could be found in a law
library.

--
Piers