[OM] Re: Lenses required

Subject: [OM] Re: Lenses required
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 06:30:16 -0800 (PST)
> You'll be a long time looking for an 80/2.8 Phil!
> 85/2 or 80/4 are the only Zuiko substitutes, but with very
> different uses.

D'OH!  Yes, that's true.  It's the 85/2 that you'd want.  But
pretty much interchangeable with the 100/2.8.  It's an
either-or.  The 100/2.8 is the far less expensive lens and along
with the 35/2.8 the most inexpensive world-class lenses out
there.  I'm rather partial to the older silver-nosed variety,
but this is strictly preference--not really based on anything
other than tightwadness and cosmetics.

Regarding buying from list-members...  I've bought and sold the
bulk of kit from/to fellow list-members.  Every transaction has
been a joy.  This is a pretty tightknit group and a bad
transaction rarely happens.  Actually, I only know of one 50/2
lens that "disappeared", but that was years ago and that person
was excommunicated for multiple reasons.  Meanwhile, I have what
should have been a wonderfully easy eeeb*y transaction go south
on me just this week.

AG

Want to start your own business?
Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.