[OM] Re: Digital at last

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital at last
From: Mike Lees <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 11:57:10 +0000
Allan Mee wrote:
> I didn't get a data lead to connect it to the PC though. It looks like a
> standard mini-USB port on the camera. Gonna check before I use any leads I
> have. The flash works fine - the camera takes pics and plays them back ok.

Alan,

Congratulations on your purchase - there will be no turning back now.

As far as I know the cable is a standard mini-USB B connector, but I
would recommend a USB card reader. For about £10 you can get one the
will reader every type of card (currently) imaginable. I find it much
easier to use these rather than messing with the fiddly rubber door to
get to the USB connector on my 350D. Not only that but the 300D is only
USB1.1 so most of these card readers will be able to copy your images
much faster. And as that was not enough, you won't have to use you
camera's battery while transferring images to your computer.

See: http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=44Z5 for an example.

Regards,

Mike.